Welcome to the City of Airway Heights
Planning Department Webpage
Permit Services: will continue to operate within normal business hours via phone and email, but will be closed to the public for walk in traffic until further notice. For your convenience, the following options are available:
- Building Permits: to check on the status of building permits go to https://permits.cawh.org/citizen/
- Building Permit Submission: to submit a new building permit application email
- Building Inspections: to request a building inspection please call (509) 850-9364 or online at https://permits.cawh.org/citizen/
- Inquiries or questions about Building Code: please call: (509) 244-5429
- Zoning/Land Use Applications: to check on the status of a pending application for conditional use permits (CUPS), subdivisions, short plats, binding site plans, rezones please go to: https://permits.cawh.org/citizen/
- Inquires or questions about zoning or subdivision codes: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-244-2552.
- Zoning/Land Use Application Submission: to submit a new application for conditional use permit, subdivision, short plat, binding site plan, or rezone please submit the application forms found here: http://www.cawh.org/departments/planning-department/planning-regulations-applications-and-documents and email them to email@example.com
- Pre-development Review: is required prior to the submission of Zoning/Land Use Applications and many types of Building permit including commercial and industrial projects. To schedule a pre-development review of the proposed project, please email the pre-development form found here: http://www.cawh.org/departments/planning-department/planning-regulations-applications-and-documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notes from each department will be prepared and sent to the applicant and staff will be available via email and phone to address follow up questions.
The primary function of the Airway Heights Planning Department is to review and regulate land-use activities in the City.
The Planning Department strives to provide excellent customer service to residents, landowners, and business owners in Airway Heights. Some of the services provided are code interpretations, assisting applicants through the application process, creating maps, and answering land-use questions.
Whereas the Building Department acts as the City’s permit center and primary point of contact for projects; provides project tracking and coordination; performs all permitting, residential and commercial building inspections, the Planning Department reviews whether a particular use would be allowed. It also reviews other land-use items such as a structure's footprint and setbacks (how it is placed on the property), landscaping, parking, signage, and fencing. The Planning Department is also responsible for reviewing, processing, and approving proposed subdivisions, consolidations (aggregations), and annexations of property in the City.
For any questions specific to a structure, tenant improvement in an existing structure, the requirements that need to be met to build a structure, any work in City streets, or questions regarding what needs to be submitted for an application to build, please contact the Building Department.
The Airway Heights Municipal Code (AHMC) Titles that are the primary responsibility of the Planning Department are Title 14, Development Code, Title 16, Subdivisions, and Title 17, Zoning. Any questions regarding these sections of the AHMC should be directed to the Planning Department at the contacts below.
The City is Now Updating It's Comprehensive Plan!
The City of Airway Heights is updating its comprehensive plan, aligning long-range policy for land use, transportation, economic development, parks and recreation, housing, and its water and sewer systems. Anyone interested in Airway Heights' future can read this draft and offer comments as a part of the Planning Commission continued public hearing on April 8, 2020. The continued public hearing will be located at the Airway Heights Community Center, 13120 West 13th Avenue, 2nd floor Council Chambers and will begin at 6:00 p.m. Those interested in submitting written comments may email them to: email@example.com or mail them to 1208 S Lundstrom St., Airway Heights, WA 99001 and must be received by 4:30 p.m., April 8th. If you have questions please call 509-244-2552.
Useful Planning Department Links
Planning Department Contacts
|Please direct Zoning and Planning Questions to:||firstname.lastname@example.org
||1208 S Lundstrom Street
|Fax:||(509) 244-4317||Airway Heights, WA 99001|