City Manager: Albert Tripp
Albert Tripp was appointed to the position of City Manager June 2008. As the Public Works Director for the three previous years, he has been instrumental in implementation of several major initiatives.
Mr. Tripp earned his master’s degree in public administration and urban & regional planning from Eastern Washington University. Mr. Tripp and his wife live with their five children, in Airway Heights.Duties & Responsibilities of City Manager
- Appoint (or hire), supervise, and, when necessary, remove all employees of the city.
- Direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices, and agencies of the city, except as otherwise provided by municipal code.
- Create and update all job descriptions for employees of the city not otherwise prescribed by municipal code.
- Prepare an annual budget and submit it to the city council. Implement the budget and be responsible for its administration after adoption.
- Prepare and submit to the City Council, as of the end of the fiscal year, a complete report of the finances and administrative activities of the city for the year.
- Keep the council advised of the financial condition of the city and make recommendations concerning its future needs.
- Attend all meetings of the council and as many committee meetings as possible. The city manager takes part in council discussions.
- Enforce all laws and ordinances and see that all contracts and franchises are faithfully performed.