Location: 13414 W Sunset Highway
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-4pm, Fri 8am-12pm
Permit Services: will continue to operate within normal business hours via phone and email, but will be closed to the public for walk in traffic until further notice. For your convenience, the following options are available:
- Building Permit Submission: to submit a new building permit application email
- Building Inspections: to request a building inspection please call (509) 850-9364 or online at https://permits.cawh.org/citizen/
- Inquiries or questions about Building Code: please call: (509) 244-5429
- Inquires or questions about zoning or subdivision codes: please email email@example.com or call 509-244-2552.
- Pre-development Review: is required prior to the submission of Zoning/Land Use Applications and many types of Building permit including commercial and industrial projects. To schedule a pre-development review of the proposed project, please email the pre-development form found here: http://www.cawh.org/departments/planning-department/planning-regulations-applications-and-documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notes from each department will be prepared and sent to the applicant and staff will be available via email and phone to address follow up questions
**NEW** Online Building Inspection Requests **NEW**
INSPECTION LINE (509) 850-9364
The Building Department is responsible for building code enforcement and permit issuance within city limits. Different types of commercial, residential, fire safety, and public works projects require a permit to be obtained prior to beginning any type of work.
Information is provided through highlighted links to assist you.
Why Are Permits Required
Permits and inspections are necessary, it's a health and safety issue!
- Permitting allows code professionals to reduce potential hazards from unsafe
- Mandatory inspections act as a system of checks and balances focused on code
It's also a financial issue - at several levels.
- Proper permitting helps protect property values.
- Property insurers may not cover damages caused by work done without permits and
- Disclosure of any improvements or repairs is required as to whether permits and
inspections were obtained.
- Financial institutions may withhold funding without proof of a final inspection and a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Non-permitted work may be subject to removal at the owner's expense as well as penalty fees assessed.
Before starting a project, check if a permit is required.
ALL COMMERCIAL PROJECTS ARE REQUIRED to schedule a Pre-Application Conference with the City. For information pertaining to the Pre-application process, see Pre-Application Form.
If you are an architect, engineer, or design professional and need information concerning Geographical Design Criteria utilized within the City of Airway Heights.
Permit ChecklistsChecklists are available for Commercial/Multifamily, Residential, Manufactured Home Placement, and Public Works as a guideline for permit submittal requirements. These checklists were designed to assist as well as expedite the permitting process.
Commercial and Multi-Family Permit Checklist
Residential Permit Checklist
Manufactured Home Placement Permit Checklist
Public Works Permit Checklist
Permit Applications, Forms, and GuidelinesFor a printable copy of applications, forms and guidelines, please see our Permit Forms page.
Business owners as well as contractors seeking to operate or perform work within city limits
are required to obtain a business license from the City of Airway Heights. You may apply for a
48-hour, 30-day or annual license. Annual licenses run January 1st to December 31st of the calendar year in which they are purchased.
Local UtilitiesFor a list of local utilities providing service within the City of Airway Heights, please go to our Utilities page.
Call Before You Dig - one call utility locate service or dial 811 for locates in the State of Washington.
Fee SchedulesPlease contact Building Staff for information concerning permit fees related to your proposed project.
Frequently Asked QuestionsAnswers to some commonly asked questions can be found on our FAQ's page or by
contacting building staff.
Other Informational LinksAdditional information is provided through website links on our Links page.
Cindy Reddekopp, Building Official
Caleb Poe, Permit Facilitator
||1208 S Lundstrom Street|
|Airway Heights, WA 99001|
Inspection Line (509) 850-9364